Montoux is looking for a motivated, highly capable and business-minded Operations Manager to join our Wellington team. This position could be 3-4 days per week, depending on the skills and preferences of the successful applicant.
Montoux is the leading global innovator in actuarial software. Our customers include several of the world’s leading insurance providers and we are expanding our business into the United States and Asia, as well as Australia and New Zealand.
Life insurers love us because we improve their profitability and speed to market and allow them to respond easily to fast-changing market dynamics. We do this by providing them with software that is both more powerful and easy-to-use than anything they have had in the past.
Our growing team is passionate about helping our customers to transform the insurance industry, about building beautiful products and creating an awesome work environment together. We are based in Wellington, NZ and New York City, USA.
The Operations Manager will have diverse responsibilities and significant autonomy and flexibility:
- Day-to-day business operations, such as accounts, payroll, HR, information management, communications and company records
- Assessing and implementing software to manage day-to-day operations
- Working with key providers such as Deloitte and Callaghan Innovation
- Nurturing our work environment and culture at Montoux, by facilitating a great work environment for our team, onboarding new team members and organizing team events
- Facilities management at our central Wellington office, including health and safety, managing stakeholders and suppliers including property management, furniture and hardware, supplies, security and cleaning services, and ownership of our business continuity plan
- General support to Montoux's executive team.
The Operations Manager will report to Montoux’s Chief Operating Officer.
This is a great role for a person who is:
- Driven by getting results
- Highly organized and seeks ownership and responsibility
- Excited to be part of a dynamic, fast-growing technology company
- Service-oriented and likes dealing with people
- An effective communicator, both in person and in writing
- Comfortable with basic finance and spreadsheets
- Finance, office management , business administration or a similar role
- Managing a variety of cloud-based software apps for operations, particularly for accounting, payroll and information management
We can offer you:
- Market competitive salary
- Modern and flexible work environment
- Opportunities to learn and grow in a supportive culture
Please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter to email@example.com or via Workable by 21 May 2018. Applicants for this role should have a current work visa or permanent residence in New Zealand.