Software Developer - Actuarial Modelling & Data Science
Montoux makes complex financial modelling software user friendly. We’re currently revolutionizing the way the insurance industry develops and prices products by streamlining actuarial modelling on our cloud platform.
With a number of prominent customers already on board and our first beta customer in the U.S. about to sign, we are rapidly expanding our business in the U.S., driven by our desire to be the number one choice for actuarial pricing modelling software worldwide.
This role will be one of the first hires in the U.S. and will play a prominent role in turning Montoux into a wildly successful global business. If you want the opportunity to work with a company that has the dream and real possibility of making a substantial difference to how insurance carriers analyze and price their products, we want to speak to you.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic software developer to join our team. You will hone your skills and grow your experience, using Clojure and the Montoux Platform to develop:
- Numerical models for the life insurance industry
- Aggregations and visualisations of multi-dimensional datasets
- Markov models and Monte Carlo simulations
You will work closely with the actuarial product manager, customers, and the Montoux development team to develop a new modelling application for the U.S. life insurance industry, using your functional programming and software engineering skills to translate product requirements into high quality code.
- An advanced degree in software engineering or computer science. Applicants with physics or mathematics degrees who can demonstrate excellent software development skills will also be considered.
- A passion for developing high quality software.
- Experience with software development tools such as version control systems and IDEs
- Using software engineering knowledge to translate modelling requirements into code.
- Eagerness to expand your knowledge and learn the tools, technologies, and processes we use to develop and maintain our products.
Experience in any of the following areas would be a plus:
- Functional programming, especially in Clojure
- Working remotely with international development teams
- Concurrent algorithms and distributed computing
We are looking for someone who:
- Wants to further develop business and management skills quickly
- Takes responsibility, real ownership and influence over a rapidly expanding business
- Can move quickly to drive rapid growth
- Enjoys engaging with prospects to help solve their problems
- Has a desire to make our customers successful and realizes that our success is based on theirs
- Believes in our vision
- Wants to be part of developing the actuarial software that will change our profession for the better
This is the perfect opportunity to own and develop a brand new application for a market and to work for an exciting company that is poised to change the way insurance carriers price their products.
You don't need to have a decade of experience or a big title currently, we just need you to want to become a very good software developer.
A market comparable remuneration package will be created for the right person. But you can expect to have:
- Flexible working environment and hours
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year + typical federal holidays
- 401k and insurance
- The opportunity to work with awesome people
Option for either Boston or New York location
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Location: New York, NY
- Required language: English
Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.