Lead Actuary / Product Manager (Life Insurance Software)
What we do
Montoux makes complex financial modelling software user friendly. We’re currently revolutionizing the way the insurance industry develops and prices products by streamlining actuarial modelling on our cloud platform.
With a number of prominent customers already on board and our first beta customer in the U.S. about to sign, we are rapidly expanding our business in the U.S., driven by our desire to be the number one choice for actuarial pricing modelling software worldwide.
This role will be one of the first hires in the U.S. and will play a prominent role in turning Montoux into a wildly successful global business. If you want the opportunity to work with a company that has the dream and real possibility of making a substantial difference to how insurance carriers analyze and price their products, we want to speak to you.
What you will be doing
Your main purpose will be to contribute insight into current pricing practices with a view on how they can be improved. Your experience using existing pricing software tools is important, but more important is your desire to improve those and make a real difference to the way insurance companies price their products.
This is definitely a change of pace from working in a traditional actuarial role, and will provide an uncommon chance to rapidly learn and grow your skills as a business focussed actuary.
You will be the ‘Product Owner’ of our actuarial applications, this includes:
- Defining application specifications
- Managing the application development process
- Actuarial review
- Creating customer journeys and user stories
- Working closely with our beta customer to test and refine our proposition * You’ll work collaboratively with the Montoux Platform Product Owner (the platform that supports the actuarial applications)
- You will construct business cases for new applications in collaboration with sales as opportunities within the market present themselves
- Recommending the best new applications to take to market and ensuring existing products continue to meet our customer’s needs
- Be the owner of regulatory changes (i.e. GAAP, PBR etc.) and how these influence product direction and outputs required to make an optimal pricing decision
Customer Success & Support
You will help boost customer success as our key expert in how our clients use the application by:
- Addressing actuarial support queries
- Managing the implementation process
- Assisting our support and implementation partners
Sales & marketing support
As the in-house actuarial expert you will provide knowledge and insight to:
- Be a key part of the sales process as the subject matter expert and product owner
- Support the marketing team with the technical information needed for marketing materials (i.e. thought leadership content)
We are looking for someone who:
- Wants to further develop business and management skills quickly
- Takes responsibility, real ownership and influence over a rapidly expanding business
- Enjoys working in an energetic and highly talented team guided by an experienced and respected board
- Enjoys engaging with prospects to help solve their problems
- Has a desire to make our customers successful and realizes that our success is based on theirs
- Believes in our vision
- Wants to be part of developing actuarial software that will change our profession for the better
- Preferred: life insurance product pricing and development experience in the U.S.
- Preferred: existing experience using current actuarial tools and an idea of how they can be dramatically improved
- A massive desire to do things differently (we aren’t looking for people that want to keep the status quo)
- FSA certification
A market comparable remuneration package will be created for the right person. But you can expect to have:
- Flexible working environment and hours
- 4 weeks paid vacation per year + typical federal holidays
- 401k and insurance
- The opportunity to work with awesome people
Option for either Boston or New York location
- Job Type: Full-time
- Job Location: New York, NY
- Required language: English
Send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.